This week we wrote up a compiler so we can calculate the height and shading data from a large file, then split it up into smaller files so the game doesn’t have to use up as much memory. That way, we can just have the map data be included files so the game doesn’t have to do any extra work. We have a simple framework in place, but we have to work on decoding the bitmaps more before it works 100%.
After we have a small test area successfully compiled, we should be able to finish up the terrain and have everything should looking pretty nice after that.
We also finished the new art for the first fishing boat and animation for the crew. We also started to work on the graphics for the new user interface and its layout.